Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday 24 February 2013

Thirty Months

It's difficult for me to say what Daisy's done over the past month, because I've only seen her for ten days of it, but she stole the show at the wedding and then had a great time while we were on honeymoon, spending two weeks with Daddy and the last week with Nanna & Grandpa (and Jen for the weekend). Mum put together a little diary of Daisy's time with them. Here are some excerpts (actually, most of it), but first, here's a photo from the wedding. I love that the photographer was able to go up to the top of the church and get a shot like this, but I love even more the fact that the vicar was happy to let Daisy and the other children do just what they wanted during the service. Daisy, as you can see, chose to have a rest on the stage at the front during our vows.



My Holiday – Week 3

By Daisy Bear

Friday

Daddy took me to meet Nanna and Grandpa at the services at Ferrybridge, then we drove to Nanna & Grandpa’s house. I recognised it straight away. “There it is!” I said, before we’d even got out of the car! I had lovely pasta and sauce for lunch and a pink wafer, because I ate a lot of pasta.

In the afternoon I played with ALL my toys that are here – looked at all the animal flashcards, took out all the 16 Peppa books from the case and counted them, played with my computer, took a picture of my foot with my camera, played with the tea set, the doctor set and the tool set, played with my maracas and tambourine, did the wooden jigsaw, and the farmyard jigsaw, and looked at all my books.

For tea I had fish fingers, and Jen came while I was eating it – yay! I had bathtime with Jen & Nanna looking after me, then I watched Timmy for a little while while I drank my milk. I cried for an extra story in bed, and lovely Jen read me another one, so I stopped crying, and went to sleep. Here is a picture of me cleaning my teeth before bed.



Saturday

I got up at 07:35 but Jen said she had heard me counting 5-4-3-2-1 at 07:10. Breakfast was porridge then flakes. I had it (and all my meals) at the dining room table, where I could see what was going on outside. I saw some doggies, and some cars and a green bus. After breakfast I did some jumping on Nanna & Grandpa’s bed. That was really exciting, then Jen and I played at locking the bedroom window with a key.

 


For lunch I had pasta again, and some crackers, instead of the sandwich that Nanna had made for me, so I didn’t get anything sweet for pudding.

Nanna went to choir in the afternoon, so Grandpa and Jen took me to the shop to get some new wellies, as we couldn’t find my purple boots. Daddy said he might have left them at Grandma’s. I didn’t really want to go out, and let them know this, so Jen sent me to sit on the naughty step for a few minutes. I still had to go out even after that! We didn’t find any wellies my size, so Grandpa bought me some lovely new pink boots, which I love. When we got home we found my purple boots inside my buggy!! Then I watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Jen’s big purple phone. She calls it a Kindle!


Sunday

Today I woke up and knocked on the bedroom door to be let out! It was time everyone was up – it was 07:45! We all went to church this morning. It was very loud, and I even put my finger in my ear once, but after a little while Jen took me into the crèche, where I played with some jigsaws and Lego and did drawings, and rode on a little cart. We all had juice and biscuits as well! When Nanna came to fetch us I went back into the church and climbed up all the stairs to the top of the seats, and walked along the seats – I did this several times! Nanna came with me of course. Lots of people spoke to me and said how pretty I am, but I didn’t take any notice.

For lunch we had gammon. Grandpa said it was bacon, but I knew it wasn't. I still ate it all, but I didn’t eat my vegetables and potatoes. I had some banana flakes and a pink wafer. That must be because it was Sunday, and not because I ate all my lunch!

In the afternoon I watched the Mickey Mouse DVD that Nanna had bought from Amazon for me. When it arrived it turned out to be a Christmas DVD, but I didn't mind. I think Nanna & Grandpa got a bit fed up of it by the end of the week, though!

Jen, Nanna & I played in the sun lounge, I rode my scooter, and we all had pretend tea in my tea set, several times. The yellow cup and plate were always Grandpa’s. Nanna had purple, Jen had blue and I had pink. Every time. Here I am serving it out, and riding my scooter.





For tea I had pasta again with tomato sauce and meatballs – well, it does the Italians no harm! I ate it all up, except the meatballs, so I had some bananas and pink cake for afters. I watched one Timmy Time before bathtime, and then In the Night Garden and another Timmy after bath, and went to bed at 7.10pm. I didn’t cry at all at bedtime.


Monday

Today I woke at 06:50, but I played in my bed till 07:15. This morning I went to the library and borrowed a book. It’s called ‘Kipper and the Tree House’. It’s a bit easy, probably for people who can’t read as well as me, but I quite like it.


Then we went to the coffee shop and soft play area at the Garden Centre. I enjoyed it more than Grandpa did, as I accidentally knocked Nanna’s full cup of coffee all over him, so his trousers and shoes were all wet. Nanna had to get a cloth and clean it up. I did a lot of climbing and jumping and sliding in the soft play with lots of other children. Then we came home and I didn’t eat my lunch. Nanna gave me some lovely ham and bread and butter with the crusts cut off, but I cried because it wasn’t pasta. So I didn’t eat anything, but I had had some crackers at the Garden Centre, so I wasn’t too hungry.

I had pasta and sauce with sausage for tea. I ate it all up except for 4 little slices of sausage, which I reassembled into a proper sausage shape! I finished my tea with a gingerbread man, because I had eaten all my tea, and I had some chocolate stones like the ones I had at the party where I wore my beautiful dress. [She's referring to the personalised M&Ms we had as our wedding favours...]

I had bath time with Jen and Nanna, then watched Mickey’s Christmas again while I drank my milk. I went to bed and read the new library book three times, and then Jen read Maisy and I went to sleep.



Tuesday

I woke up at 07:00 and opened the bedroom door by myself. Grandpa heard me and came to talk to me, then Nanna got up and made my breakfast, which I had with Nanna and Grandpa. Jen wasn’t there, as she was at work. Work must be really lovely, as Jen was there instead of being with me!!

I played with my jigsaws, and with two of Grandpa’s little buses from in my bedroom. Then Grandpa went to Bowls and Nanna and I watched Minnie’s Bow-tique, more than once, and I sang the song every time. Nanna & I went to the shop in Yarm to get some more milk for me and some things for Nanna and Grandpa. When we came back we went to see Grandpa at Bowls in the Village Hall. Everybody loved me, even though I was a bit shy at first. I had a quarter of a chocolate digestive biscuit, then played with a big pink foam ball on the green mat. Then I put my wellies on and went to the park, and I climbed on both climbing frames and slid down the slides. A pussycat came and it sat on a seat and washed its face, then it ran away. It came back while I was still on the climbing frame, and it jumped up next to me and walked all round my legs. Then we went back into the Village Hall to collect Grandpa and go home for lunch.

After lunch I played the piano then watched some more Minnie with Grandpa, because he didn’t see Minnie this morning. Then Joan & Albert came to visit and brought me Freddie’s farm to play with. Then just as tea was almost ready, Muriel and Bryan came to visit me, and brought me a present – a lovely pink sticker book. So we had tea half an hour late – fish fingers and beans. I ate all the breadcrumb, some of the fish and ALL of the beans, and then we had... pancakes! I ate one small one and half of a big one. Grandpa had maple syrup and strawberries on his, but I had mine 'au naturel'. I was very full. Everything was now running 30 minutes late, including bathtime and bedtime, but we had stories and I went straight to sleep.

Here I am practising my glissando.



Wednesday

Today I got up at 07:30. I knocked on the bedroom door again and Grandpa let me out!

I went to Tab Toddlers with Nanna and Grandpa this morning. There were lots of children and parents and grandparents. I went on the slide, and scooter, and slide, and tricycle, and slide, and sit-in car, and slide! I made stars fromPlay-doh, and sorted out the play kitchen for them, putting things in the cupboards. I didn’t want juice with everyone else. I had crackers instead of chocolate doughnuts and grapes. Then I played on the slide again while everyone else was singing songs, because there was no queue for the slide then! Everyone said how pretty I am – again! When we came out of Toddlers it was snowing!

Here are some pictures of me at Toddlers.






For lunch I had chicken goujons. Nanna cooked three for me, and I asked for more, and ate them all up! So I had pink cake and some flakes for pudding. I made my cutlery into a triangle, and a diamond and a square on my place-mat. My mat has lighthouses on it, by the way.

This afternoon we went to take Thomas his birthday present – he’s five today. We went to Aunty Sandra’s first, and I played with her jigsaws, and some balls, then later we went to Thomas’s house. It was snowing quite hard, and Nanna carried me. I was wearing my new pink boots, but I didn’t want to get them wet! Thomas had lots of cards and presents, and a new bed, which I went to climb on. Sharra helped me. I also played with some of his cars. 








We didn’t get home till 18:05, so I had a very quick tea of – guess what? That’s right. I ate it all up. Nanna had given me eggy breads, as they were very quick to cook, but I didn’t want them, so Grandpa ate them instead! I had a custard doughnut biscuit for pudding. I didn’t have a bath tonight, as it was very late, but we had time for one Mickey’s Christmas with my milk, and then stories in bed. I haven’t cried at all for 2 days, just grumbled a bit at having to go in the car...!

I don’t know if I can do any more diary for you tomorrow, as we will be busy tomorrow morning packing up all my things to come home. Nanna said she wants me to be properly settled in at home before you come back. We'll make sure the house is OK, and nice and warm, because you will feel cold after your holiday, especially if we still have snow. We can also do shopping to get food in for the weekend.

I hope you like the diary that I’ve done so far for you. I’m looking forward so much to seeing you again. Bye for just now, Mummy and Dee. I hope you’ve had a lovely holiday.

Love you lots,

Daisy



(This is me putting the tablecloth away)

No comments:

Post a Comment